We do a thorough comprehensive top to bottom inspection (in accordance with the HIABC Scope of Inspection) including:
- Structure; Foundation and Framing.
- Exterior; wall coverings, trim, flashings, exterior doors, decks, balconies, steps, porches and railings, eaves, soffits, vegetation grading, surface drainage, retaining walls, walkways, patios, driveways.
- Roof; roof covering, roof drainage, flashings, skylights, chimneys, roof penetrations.
- Plumbing System; check for moisture around water sources, interior water supply/distribution system, fixtures & faucets, drain waste & venting system, water heating equipment, vent systems, flues & chimneys, fuel storage and distribution system, drainage sumps, sump pumps.
- Electrical System; service drop, service entrance conductors & cables, service equipment & main disconnects, service grounding, interior components of service panels, conductors, over current protection devices, lighting fixtures, switches & receptacles, GFIC’s.
- Heating System; check for the presence of off-gases, installed heating equipment, vents, flues & chimneys.
- Air Conditioning System; central and through-wall cooling equipment.
- Interior; walls, ceiling & floors, railings, steps & stairways, counter tops, cabinets, doors, windows, garage doors and openers.
- Insulation and Ventilation; insulation & vapour retarders in unfinished spaces, ventilation of attics & foundation areas, mechanical ventilation system.
- Fireplaces & Solid Fuel Burning Appliances; system components, vent systems, flues & chimneys.
You are welcome to attend your home inspection and ask questions of your inspector.
For a complete understanding of the included items, not included items and the limitations of the home inspection,
see the HIABC Scope of Practice.